Friday, June 19, 2009



Welcome to the Branch and the Clay. You have stumbled across the musings, ponderings, ideas, thoughts, feelings, desires, heartaches, and dreams (or lack thereof) of me, the branch and clay, as I walk alongside my Creator, Savior, Father, Vine, Potter, and Friend.


These verses explain the origin of the name.



Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can't bear fruit unless you are joined with me.
"I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing...But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon.
John 5:4, 5, 7, Message Bible




Still, God, you are our Father. We're the clay and you're our potter: All of us are what you made us.
Isaiah 64:8, Message Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment